Avery has begun showing interest in the "potty" after recieving a potty book for Christmas. The book's main character is a boy learning the process. Avery insists that I refer to the little boy as "baby Avery" when I read the book to him in the bathroom. Since he is only two, and the fact that I'm in the middle of reading a few books on potty training to figure out what the heck I'm doing, we decided to take this potty training business slow and at his own pace. He is learning the names for things, reading other potty books from the library and we occasionally spend time in the bathroom rereading the book and practicing what to do. He will tell us that he wants to go potty, but it's often after he has messed his diaper. It seems like he knows what to do, but just hasn't mastered the bodily control to "hold it" until he can make it to the bathroom in time. Clint and I weren't really going to try to potty train him until this summer, but since Avery shows the initiative to learn, we thought we would go along with Avery's lead and then perhaps really focus on training this summer if Avery seems ready. In the meantime, I hope Avery has patience with his mommy as we try to figure out this potty training business together.