So many times throughout the day I try to catch the memory of what Avery said or did by writing a quick description of it on a sticky note. Here are the recent highlights:
Avery noticed and asked about the white things on the sidewalk. I explained that people help others by putting salt on the ground so people will not slip and fall down on the snow. Avery triumphantly chimed “…and pepper!!” after he made the connection it was salt.
Avery has decided that his yellow train is named Molly and that she is a girl like his mommy. He found a yellow matchbox car and decided that since it was yellow, it should be a girl too. The reason they were girls is because they had “beautiful hair like mommy”.
For a day or two, Avery really seemed to enjoy playing with some white kitchen funnels he found in our cabinets. He thought they were “white party hats” leftover from his birthday party last month.
One Sunday morning, I wore a pearl necklace to church. Avery was mesmerized by it and wanted to finger the pearls. I gently tried to explain that it was a necklace, and that the necklace was made of white shiny pearls and girls sometimes wear necklaces. He exclaimed (in his tough pirate voice) “those are not pearls, they are CANNONBAAAAALLLLLLLS!!”