Monday, April 18, 2011

Uninhibited Personality

- Avery certainly gets attached to things and really dislikes change. Our washer broke and we replaced it with another one. Avery said he wanted the old washer back so he could fix it - and even named it "Avery's washer".

- "Look Mama! Stripes!" Avery was referring to the skin fold lines on his knuckles.

- "Look Mama! Camouflage!" Avery referring to the bark (?) on an unripened pineapple.

- We noticed that there is a hole in the knees in almost every pair of Avery's jeans. We've gone through a couple pairs of shoes in the last year due to excessive use.

- #1 game Avery wants to play - race cars

- "Dada! Whoop up on me!!" Avery taunts his dad until he tackles him with tickles.

- I was wearing cream soda flavored lip gloss one morning. I kissed Avery on the cheek. Avery exclaimed, "Momma! Wash it off Mama! It STINKS!"

- Avery now wipes off any kisses he receives with his hands.

- Our picky eater will no longer eat blueberries because he dislikes the stain it leaves on his hands.

- Our son has found a way to collect all the laundry baskets and plastic crates in the house, assemble them in the kitchen, and play demo derby with his "hotwheel cars". The red one is the strongest and fastest of course. Somehow, there gets a door mat thrown into the mix who also plays the character of the "boat"?

- Avery wanted his mother to build a "big hotwheels car" in the kitchen "with a hammer". I humored him and pretended to build a car. Avery, obviously bothered, insisted that he wanted a "real car" and not a pretend one. Then, I said that I "needed wood, and I don't have any." Avery suggested that I "go into the woods and get some and come back." I said that I'm not strong enough to carry the wood all by myself. Then, Avery retorted "Mama, you're a big girl. I think you can do it."