Sunday, May 1, 2011

Worms, Bougars and Other Boy Things

Funny Quotes by Avery:

(Speaking to himself) "Sometimes I get bougars out with my sock."

"More shaving cream (Cool Whip) on my strawberries pleeeeease."

(While watching Clint drive off to work from the window one morning) "I think he's gonna get lost."

"I'm a big boy! Look at my long legs!"


Worm Stories:

Avery asked "Momma, do worms take naps? Eisley picked up a worm and he said he was taking a nap. (silly voice) He was all bent!"


I came to BUM Kids to pick up Avery. He was riding trikes with three other boys about his age (Miles, Silas and Colter). All four of them stopped and were sitting on their trikes huddled around each other staring at the ground. I came over to investigate what was going on. They were quietly fascinated with a wiggly worm on the sidewalk. I exclaimed "Cool guys! It's a worm!" Miles, very nonchalantly, looked at me, looked ad the worm, and then moved his foot off the pedal and stomped on the worm. The other boys sat dead silent, almost as if they had gasped out of fear and were waiting for me to get onto Miles. It must have been an awkward silence for them. Then, suddenly, Avery broke the ice with laughter and squealed "Eeewwww! Nasty!!" All the boys joined in the laughter and thought Miles was so cool to squish the worm.