Monday, July 4, 2011

Simple, Sweet and Silly


After applying lipstick – “Mom, your mouth is wet.”

“I want more juice.  I’m still firsty.”

“I need some fly spray!” (as opposed to “spider spray”.)

We went to the park with friends to feed the ducks on the pond.  Our friend brought stale bread she had been saving for this occasion.  She gave each of the kiddos pieces of bread so that they could offer it to the ducks themselves.  We caught Avery eating the bread instead of tossing it to the animals.  He was frustrated that he couldn’t just eat it instead of wasting it on the ducks.

(from Avery to Mom) “Are you gonna be my buddy forever?”

Papa was trying to teach Avery body parts.  “Where is your brain, Avery?  Point to your brain.”  Avery – “I’m sorry, Papa.  I don’t have a brain.”

While watching clouds from the car window, Avery sighs, “There is a monster in the clouds.”

On car trips, we often try to stop at a McDonald’s with a Play Place so that Avery can exude some energy.  He is always thrilled when other “boys and girls” are there.  He exclaims, “I love my friends, Mama!” as he follows them around.  “Wait for me!” he reminds his newly chosen friends.