Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What Was I Like When I Was A Kid?

What was I like when I was a kid?

I was thinking of that today while considering how similar Avery and Clint are in looks and personality.  They are so much alike, I can't help but wonder about the personality of our up and coming daughter and how that will add to our family dynamic.

So, I decided to record some adjectives that come to mind about Avery, who is now about two months shy of his fourth birthday.  That way, I have some kind of record of what we observe of him in the present time rather than just a guess from memory.

Avery, my son, you are a joy to have around and bring such life everywhere you go.  I would describe you as being playful, inquisitive, outgoing and people-oriented, uninhibited, possessing a great sense of humor, somewhat dramatic, vocal, generous with physical affection and able to show compassion and empathy for others.  But most of all, a blessing exceeding all expectations.