Friday, January 13, 2012

December/January Averyisms


Averyisms

Avery likes to watch me pull lint off the collector from the dryer.  “I love lint!” he says, “It’s so soft.”  Then he whines at the fact that I simply throw a treasure like that away.

“Percy chocolate” – Hershey chocolate

“Lettuce gas” – unleaded gas

“Do skeletons have noses?”

“Bemember?” – remember?

“When Papa and I ching glasses, he says, ‘To the Queen”!

Avery’s monster trucks perform tricks, one in which he originally named the “Twizzer”.

Current fascinations:
1.) monster trucks
2.) tape – he enjoys taping things together, especially taping items shut (like the worn places on his puzzle boxes)
3.) Becoming a “big boy”.  He refuses to wear anything with Winnie the Pooh and asked us to put his Winnie the Pooh church shoes in a garage sale.  He also will not use the toddler silverware, plates or bowls.
4.) favorite colors are red, pink and brown (he likes red the most) – he is very loyal to these colors

We asked Avery “Why do you like the color brown?”  He replied, “Because it reminds me of dirt.”  (This is referring to the dirt on a monster truck or racecar track.)  He also mentioned “I do not like blue and green.”  We questioned, “Why do you not like blue and green?”  With a scrunched face, Avery answered, “Because King and Chick are blue and green and I do not like them.”  (characters from Disney “Cars” who compete against his favorite red car Lightning McQueen)

Avery still gets a delight when we read books and give characters funny voices.  I find this precious since I know there will be a day when he will think that is too immature and will not enjoy it any longer.