Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pea-Marshmallow Gravy and other Averyisms

"buhzahnyah" - lasagna

"Why can't I marry mommy?"

(Clint) "We'll be back soon.  We're just going to the store..." (Avery interrupts) "...to get some boring stuff."

While playing with sidewalk chalk, Avery declares he has invented a new color by mixing several colors together.  He named it "Pea-marshmallow gravy".

Avery doesn't quite understand what a "sea urchin" is, but he has been inserting it into his sentences lately.

"When I grow up, I want to be a daddy who drives a dump truck!" (The local YMCA has been building a swimming pool, and Avery is fascinated with all the machinery used to create it.)

One evening, our family ate chicken noodle soup for supper.  Avery was trying to figure out why it had that name.  He asked, "Did the chicken make the noodles?"

When viewing a Wrestle-Mania advertisement in a comic book at the library, Avery asked if it was a "Whup Up magazine".  (He and his Dad play wrestle and "whup up" on each other when Clint comes home from work.)

Each night, Avery gives his mom special combination of "kisshugs".