Avery is very aware of the concept he is in a family. Many times during play, he will assign family member roles to his toys. Clint noticed this when he took Avery outside to play in the snow. Avery wanted to make a snowman to represent each member of our family. (After Avery saw this photo on a post on our blog, he ran to the window to look outside and said "Dada, the snowman come out at night!")
Also, during his play, Avery is becoming slightly more aggressive. He now likes to include "good guys" and "bad guys" who "pow pow" each other. I suppose this is natural for boys as long as we keep an eye on it.
I'm glad to have a boy and learn what makes him tick. It is also becoming more apparent to Avery there are differences between boys and girls. He is fascinated by my long hair and will sometimes watch when I groom it in the mornings and put on make up. One morning he asked "Mommma, whatcha doin'?" I answered, "I'm fixing my hair buddy". He replied, "Momma, your hairs broke?"