Monday, March 7, 2011

Averyness

Wordiness:

Fire safe = “fire box”

Humidifier = “littlefire”

Pretzels – “prencils”

While we were walking around our block…”Mommy, we are in the WOODS! The NEIGHBORwoods!”

Anything red = Avery attaches the phrase “Lightning McQueen” in front of it

Pickiness:

Avery is in a very picky stage, especially with food. Ex.) “I don’t like nuts. I like peanut butter but no nuts in it.”

Refuses to eat bread crust and will simply eat around it and put the “rind” on our plates.

Teasing, Contradictive-ness. Orneriness:

“Avery, we might get an apple tree. Do you like apples?” “No, I want a pear tree. No, (silly voice) I want a peanut butter tree – hee, hee, hee.”

At the end of The Very Hungry Caterpillar story, the caterpillar makes a cocoon. On the last page, he turns into a “beautiful butterfly”. Avery tries to prevent us from turning the page (while laughing hysterically, of course) so the caterpillar “stays stuck in the cocoon”.

“Mommy I need my hands wiped.” Avery sprinted and fetched the wet wash cloth from the sink. Later we caught him having fun “washing” many things around the house with the sticky wet rag.